You have probably thought of or wondered what using cannabis in its most potent form would be like. You might have also wondered how you get the most potent cannabis products. Here, we discuss THC distillates, one of the purest cannabis concentrates.
These are the purest forms of THC. It lacks oils and other unwanted products like plant material. The purification makes the THC incredibly potent. Various compounds could be extracted from the cannabis plant.
Since the distillate is pure, it does not have flavours or aromas. Therefore, it is easily infused into weed edibles or topicals. In addition, additives such as terpenes could be added after distillation to get the desired flavour and effect.
What is THC Distillate?
Component and Description of THC Distillates
THC distillate is a purified form of THC after the cannabis flower is taken through a purification process. Usually, all plant compounds other than the desired cannabinoid, THC in this case, are removed. The purified THC can then be used as a base ingredient in various cannabis products such as edibles, vape pens, and topicals.
The THC distillate is a viscous and transparent liquid. It takes the colour of additives added after purification. Therefore, it could have an amber appearance.
Preparation of THC Distillate
The Canadian government regulates the cannabis business. For example, it liaises with various biotechnology companies to ensure, among others, high-quality THC distillate production.
So, how is THC distillate made? The typical method is to use an industrial process known as short-path distillation. However, you cannot use this method at home as a DIY project.
Short-path distillation requires the use of industrial laboratory equipment that is often expensive. Processes could differ from one preparer to another, but the basic procedure is the same.
Usually, you will need the cannabis extract to start. Organic solvents like propane extract various cannabinoids from the marijuana plant matter. The result is a thick oil.
Activating the Cannabinoids
Decarboxylation is then used to activate the specific cannabinoid. For instance, THC, an acidic precursor of THC, is activated to make THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid. After decarboxylation, the crude oil has the cannabinoid of interest in about 60-80% per volume.
The next step is to distil the product. Various distillation methods exist, but short-path distillation is the most commonly used method. The technique employs vacuum pressure to lower the distillation temperature to avoid denaturing cannabinoids and terpenes.
Short-path distillation can produce cannabis concentrates with up to 90% concentration. This is achieved after the crude oil continues to be distilled and solvents and other cannabis compounds continue to be removed.
The primary products resulting from the distillation process are cannabinoids and essential oils.
What is Cannabis Distillate Used For?
Cannabis distillates allow users to consume cannabis in its purified form. As a result, consumers get to take a specific cannabinoid in its refined forms, such as CBD or THC distillate. Due to the purified form of the particular cannabinoid, the user gets an intoxicating high.
A patient could add THC distillates to topicals and apply them for instant pain relief. They could also infuse them in cannabis edibles and take them orally.
Advantages of Cannabis Distillates
The marijuana distillate stands out among other weed products like cannabis joints.
The following are some of its advantages:
- It has a high potency, boasting the highest concentrations of cannabinoids in the weed market. Therefore, if you are looking for a fast-acting extract, THC distillates might be your thing.
- It offers value for money. Not only is it affordable, but it also does not get used up so quickly compared to other extracts because it is long-lasting.
- It offers the user a variety of ways to be consumed. You could add it to edibles, infuse it in oils and lotions for skin use, vape it, and even dab it. You have more control over how you want to take it as the user.
- You can add your favourite flavour to the THC distillate. Therefore, you can choose the kind of aroma and flavour with the marijuana distillate.
- You do not have to attract attention to yourself when consuming cannabis distillate. This is unlike when you smoke a joint, and everyone knows it. Instead, you can infuse it in typical snacks and beverages and consume it subtly.
However, health concerns are always an issue regarding cannabis use. Cannabis concentrates with THC levels above 20%, such as butane hash oil and other distillates, are associated with adverse health consequences like mental health issues.
How to Use THC Distillate?
The THC distillate can be taken in various ways:
Infusion in Edibles
The THC distillates can be infused in edibles and taken orally. However, since it is in a distilled form, it is recommended that you take minimal amounts to avoid intoxicating effects. For starters, we recommend you take about 5mg and increase the dosage gradually to an amount that gives you the desired outcomes.
You can infuse the extracted cannabinoid in vape oil and smoke distillate THC. But, again, the effects will likely occur faster than when you smoke raw cannabis flowers.
Since it is a pure product, you might experience a different high when you smoke the THC distillate. But terpenes and other THC distillate additives might also contribute to the entourage effect. This is a different kind of high from the typical unprocessed cannabis extract.
THC distillate could also be infused in lotions and oils to be applied on the skin. The advantage of THC oil is that the THC does not get into the bloodstream. It also offers localized pain relief when used to relieve pain.
What is the Best Place to Buy Weed Distillate Online in Canada?
You can get THC distillate from various outlets. It is most likely available in the weed dispensary near. In addition, you can consider getting cannabis distillates from Get Kush cannabis dispensary.
Cannabis distillates allow you to enjoy marijuana in its purest form. The distillation process produces the cannabis distillate and cannabis oils. The distillates can be infused in various edibles, vaped, or harnessed in topical applications.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. (2021, July 7). Government of Canada supports cutting-edge biotechnology company in Welland. canada.ca. https://www.canada.ca/en/agriculture-agri-food/news/2021/07/government-of-canada-supports-cutting-edge-biotechnology-company-in-welland.html
- Bulk Weed Canada. (2022, December 3). Buy Bulk THC Distillate Online in Canada. Available at: https://bulkweedcanada.com/product-category/cannabis-concentrates/thc-distillate/
- Government of Canada. (2021, March 11). Cannabis and your health. canada.ca. https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis/health-effects.html
- Daily Treats Delivery. (2022, December 3). BC’s Top Cannabis Concentrate Delivery Service. Available at: https://dailytreatsdelivery.io/product-category/concentrates/
- WDV Mail Order Marijuana. (2022, December 3). Buy Weed Online From the Best Online Dispensary in Canada. Available at: https://mail.weeddeliveryvancouver.io/
- Zheljazkov, V. D., & Maggi, F. (2021). Valorization of CBD-hemp through distillation to provide essential oil and improved cannabinoids profile. Scientific Reports, 11(1). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-99335-4